Was pondering the difference between an overseas holiday when in your 50’s compared to 20’s.
What to pack?
- HRT vs ‘The Pill’ (same looking packet but!)
- Sensible walking shoes with fitted implants (to stop middle age woman foot pain) vs thongs
- Sensible one piece bathing suit vs Teeny weeny bikini’s
- Medicine bag filled with Panadol, anti- diarrhoea pills, antibacterial handwash, Nasal spray, cough lozenges, extra HRT pack (god forbid running out), vs a couple of bandaids
- Factor 50 sunscreen vs coconut oil
- Clothes to cover all weather eventualities vs a few shorts n T shirts
- Carefully planned and printed agenda, maps, accommodation details vs a book of Youth Hostels and printed Euro pass
What to feel?
- Anxiety about what you have forgotten at home (will the animals be fed, doors locked, rubbish put out, neighbours undisturbed by parties, will up to date, enough frozen meals for two sons vs… nothin? Mum and dad will look after it all.
- Tiredness due to lack of sleep due to continued hot flushes vs tiredness due to lack of sleep due to partying with friends
- A sense of excitement, anticipation and gratitude vs a sense of excitement, anticipation and gratitude